GOLDENINNEREYE

Rhythm of the Music is Life's only Motivation

Friday, March 24, 2006

School days......2....... future


















I still remember how I would wail and cry because I didn't have the latest pen or the latest compass box and equipment.. It would be the new drawing class and each year I wanted new stuff, new crayons, new painting stuff... those days were so cool...

I remember how I used to ask for money to buy new cricket balls and how each day I would play with so many friends, some in class and some in my colony... each evening we used to have loads of fun...

I lived in Vashi, New Bombay and studied in Fr. Agnel's till Sr.KG.. then shifted to Boisar which is the connecting station to the Tarapur Atomic Power Plant the first in India and I was proud of that..Till 6th I was in Boisar.. then my dad changed his job and came to Roha on the way to Goa. A real cool place alongside Kundalika river.. most of my memories are of Roha and am still in touch with my school friends some of whom have come to Bombay to study as well.. We used to go swimming in the river, enjoy nature, go to water-falls and collect shells, play cricket in the vacations all day and play Chor-Police in the night... and to this very day all my friends remember my tactics to hide myself in the darkness and how difficult it used to be to catch me... Was just remebering how my parents always pressurised me to study well and do Engg. . a proffession I was irritated off... cause every mom wanted her son to be an engineer or doctor and somehow I couldn't digest playing it safe and doing what everyone did...

My sister got married when I was in 10th just before my final prelims.. and I was on the verge of deciding my career when I came to know that my Jiju was in merchant navy..
So i started inquring more about it and realised that maybe this was it.. yes maybe this was the way out which i have been looking for... so there I go and I take SCIENCE in KHALSA college to pursue a career in merchant navy after 10+2, but I also came to know more about other professions in the 2 years... like BMM and BMS and law, architecture and ofcourse IIT engg was special as it made me see different as normal engg....

2 years went by faster than I thought and I went to Chennai to seek admission in my Jiju's company.. by now the largets company in the world A.P Moller Maresk... yup a mighty rich and a company which wanted attitude and extra something from its employees... and I failed the entrance.. I actually failed my first ever interview...

Came back on 13th June I think and was left nowhere due to my huge blunder in 12th... I still don't know why I got so less... maybe I took things pretty easily..

Came to know through a friend 1 day before the last day for applying for BMM that only Xaviers and SIES were left who were conducting their entrances late and decided I had much more chance of getting BMM in SIES than Xaviers(obviously) and got through..

Point is... never decided my life... everything just kept happening... If not BMM would have been doing B.Sc in Khalsa... but I know... god has written many other surprises in my life.. so now wanaa relax and let go of the steering wheel... the road will guide me home...

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home